The Gazelle Skirt is excited to announce its second SWAP event! On the morning of Saturday, March 22nd, we will be hosting a clothing SWAP and proceeds will benefit the women’s prisons in Dakar and Rufisque.
All members of our Facebook Group (join here) and their guests.
Our guest of honor is Mme Ndeye Diouf who has volunteered in the prisons for nearly 15 years.
We have also invited our favorite Senegalese vendors to join us that morning and bring some of their most popular items. More on these to come…
When and where?
The SWAP will be held in Pojnt E from 10am to noon on March 22nd. For directions, email email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook.
How does it work?
Bring women’s clothing items that you no longer want and swap them with others.
- Clothing must be in good condition, clean and folded.
- Shoes, jewelry, handbags and other accessories in good condition may be swapped as well.
- For each item you bring, you will receive one ticket.
- All items ‘cost’ one ticket.
- Any items remaining at the end of the day will be donated to inmates at the women’s prison.
Please note that t-shirts and underwear are not allowed in the SWAP, but if they are in good condition, you may bring them to donate if you’d like.
Wow. This sounds amazing. The entry fee is probably like 10,000cfa, right?
No, my friend. Special price for you, nice lady. 😉
Entry for the event is 1,000cfa and proceeds will go towards transporting the clothing to the women’s prisons.