On the morning of Saturday, June 1st, we will be hosting a clothing SWAP and proceeds will benefit the women’s prisons in the Dakar area.
– Just confirmed! Embroidery and other crafts made by women in the prisons of Rufisque and Liberté 6. All sale proceeds go directly to the women.
– Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for directions for early drop-offs this coming week in Point E, Hann Maristes or Fenêtre Mermoz. Early drop-off = free tickets for you to shop with!
All members of our Facebook Group (join here) and their guests.
Our guest of honor is Mme Ndeye Diouf who has volunteered in the prisons for nearly 15 years.
We have also invited our favorite Senegalese vendors to join us that morning and bring some of their most popular items. There will be clothing and accessories from Rama Diaw from Saint-Louis and Anne de la V. in Ouakam; Diami’s Jewels will have beaded necklaces, bracelets and rings; and also obi belts by Marie Faye from Thiès.
When and where?
The SWAP will be held in Pojnt E from 10am to noon on June 1st. For directions, email email@example.com or send us a message on Facebook.
How does it work?
Bring women’s clothing items that you no longer want and swap them with others.
- Clothing must be in good condition, clean and folded.
- Shoes, jewelry, handbags and other accessories in good condition may be swapped as well.
- For each item you bring, you will receive one ticket.
- All items ‘cost’ one ticket.
- Any items remaining at the end of the day will be donated to inmates at the women’s prison.
Please note that t-shirts and underwear are not allowed in the swap, but if they are in good condition, you may bring them to donate if you’d like.
Wow. This sounds amazing. The entry fee is probably like 10,000cfa, right?
No, my friend. Special price for you, nice lady. 😉
Entry for the event is 1,000cfa. Coffee, tea and pastry will be provided and proceeds will go to the women’s prison.